Day 3 of Blog-tember.
Hello ladies! [Wow, you guys are a creative bunch! So much inspiration in all of your blogs (and Pinterest links!) Thank you all xxx]
Right…the challenge for today:
“When I grow up I want to be….” Feel free to answer as your 5-year-old self or as of now.
I had to have a little chuckle at this one!
When I was 5, I wanted to be a vet.
When I was 10, I wanted to be 12.
When I was 12, I wanted to be a teenager.
When I was 13, I wanted to be able to drive.
When I was 18, I *desperately* wanted to go to University.
When I was 22, I wanted to do my Ph.D.
When I was 26, I wanted to have children.
When I was 30, I wanted to have children.
When I was 34, I wanted another child.
When I was 39, I wanted another life, for a while.
Now I’m 40, I’m happy being me.
Now, when I think of growing up, I want to be:
– a Mama who always, but always, listens to her children, so they’ll continue to want to talk to me as they grow older
– a woman who’s made peace with herself and the world and who’s known for her kindness and compassion
– a woman who ages gracefully, proud of her every interaction and achievement and who can safely say she has no regrets
– a woman who manages to do everything she wants to do in her life (because life is so very very short and there’s precious little time!)
– a woman who grabs life by the balls and wrings every last drop of joy – of life – from it
– me! The real, messy, mistake-making, honest, vulnerable, beautiful, amazing me.
As Dr. Seuss says, “There isn’t anyone who’s you-er than you!”
And as my Dad used to say, “Go forth and conquer”.