LOVE the prompt today (can’t wait to read everyone’s responses!):
List 10 things that you love about yourself! Let’s kick that negative self-talk outta here!
1. My history. It’s made me who I am.
2. My future. It looks rosy. Mighty fine.
3. My bum – it’s peachy! And still looks good in jeans. Hell yeah! [It may fall down that little bit further than it used to, minus the jeans, but I’m happy with that]
4. The little (well, quite large, actually) flap of flab that hangs down from my arms – my son calls it his special cushion and even if I had a personal trainer a la Gwyneth Paltrow, I’d specifically ask him never to take that special cushion away.
5. My smile. It’s radiant and magic: it makes people feel good about themselves.
6. My outlook on life. I’m my own personal cheerleader.
7. My lips. They look good in red lipstick. Equally good au naturelle.
8. My whole body, really: it’s held me up through thick and thin; hardly ever failed me; borne – and nourished – two healthy, wonderful, children and housed a third (God rest her little soul).
9. My mind. (Should have been first)…it’s crazy fast, crazy talented and makes me proud.
10. My ability to run 10K, pushing through being literally about to die of exhaustion to the other side of that exhaustion, to the sheer joy of achievement.
Can I have an eleventh?
My nails. They let me have a flash of happy colour, every day, right where I can see it. Like little hummingbirds darting in front of me as I type. Happiness guaranteed.