Day 28 of Blog-tember. It’s almost at and end, ladies 😦 Today’s prompt is:
What were your highs and lows for this month?
In the spirit of my optimistic, ‘always see the bright side’ personality, I’m going to start with the highs:
– Having a ‘new-to-me’ laptop of my own to be able to work from my home office again! The difference this has made to my sanity – not to mention workflow – has been incredible. Literally life-changing. It’s also re-taught me the value of things: I realise I took my possessions for granted before. I won’t ever do that again.
– Being gifted a ticket for Chris Gardner when he’s in town. Thank you, Universe! I asked you to make it happen and, by some random set of events, it happened. Thank you.
– Having a long, long, life-changing conversation with one of my best friends. It came at a desperate moment, so it was especially necessary and very, very useful. I’ve known him for nigh on twenty years. He’s a rock and we have this weird ‘psychic connection’ where I’ll be thinking of him and literally almost immediately, the phone’ll ring and it’s him, or vice versa. He’s a really successful entrepreneur – crazy successful – so when I’m down in the dumps, he’s guaranteed to lift my spirits up. I’m so thankful to have a friend like him. Someone in the world I can Skype ‘snotty cry’ in front of and he’s not phased in the slightest.
– Doing Blog-tember (and meeting so many wonderful ladies!) – more on this on the 30th!
Now, the lows:
– Meetings where I have to see my husband. They are so draining. He’s like an energy vampire. I see him and I literally have to take the next few days to recover. He totally un-shapes me. It’s frightening.
– Texts from my husband. The jibes are so unnecessary.
– My husband failing to pay alimony (for the seventh month running): that, and the theft of all my stuff, has completed messed up the household’s finances
– Not having money to pay the gas bill and having to plead with the man who came to cut the gas off, for him not to do his job and not cut the gas off. I have, unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it!), been in more deeply humiliating situations over the last year or so, so this, although totally humiliating, was water off a ducks back. [It’s paid now, thankfully…]
– Pulling a muscle in my thigh area which meant I couldn’t run for three days. I go stir crazy without my run. I read on a blog somewhere the other day a guy saying that he schedules ‘thinking time’ in to his daily routine. For 30 minutes he sits, in silence, doing nothing but thinking. My immediate thought was, “Oh, the luxury!” and then I realised that I do have 45 minutes thinking time when I’m running and that, actually, that time is golden for me. I must use it better. Optimise it.
So, there we have it. My highs and lows for September 2014. I hope I never again have to be in a position to beg a poor ‘gas man’ not to cut the gas off. I hope I don’t have to struggle to meet ends meet for much longer (money ‘rolls’ in from the end of September). I hope, beyond hope, that my husband can sort himself out and get over it. It’s all in the past. We need to live for the future, not the past, and we have two little angels who need all of our positivity and strength and love.
I’d leave to hear about your HIGHS – what was the best GREAT thing that happened to you this month? Do tell!