Another Sunday, another set of things that have made me take a step back and bathe in their wondrousness, made me think or made me smile!
1. Where do fairy tales come from? An interesting article from the BBC. Marina Warner ends the article by saying, “You have a sketch map and a rough guide; the lights are lit in the windows of that house in the deep dark forest ahead of us. We can begin to move in, listening out, eyes open, trying to find our bearings”. Beautiful.
2. The joy that is Buddha Doodles: look at this little nugget of perfection! I’ve signed up for Molly’s daily doodles emails and I’ve been really enjoying receiving these little bits of happiness in my inbox!
3. Loved this article – about how a password changed Mauricio Estrella’s life. Read it. It’s a good one.
4. Love this quote from Bukowski, found here:
5. Paul Potts’ audition. I always find myself in tears at these kind of videos. All that bloody talent in that guy and he was selling mobile phones! For gods sake. What kind of a world do we live in, that a guy with that crazy level of talent wasn’t doing what he was born to do? In another video – when he won the competition! – he says “I’m really grateful I’ve been able to get a little bit of confidence”. It’s a crying shame that people’s talents aren’t recognised, developed, nurtured, by those around them. A crying shame.
Let me know if you’ve come across anything you think I’ll like!