Here’s today’s post for 31 days of five minute free-writing:
This much I know:
– You’re stronger than you think you are. Don’t live your life in such a way that you never know how truly strong you can be because you’ve never pushed your boundaries of comfort that little bit further. Safe is comfortable but living your dream is where you want to be. You know it.
– We only have one life. We only have one today. Only one of this moment. Live every one of your moments.
– You’ve got to take care of yourself, pamper yourself, love yourself. If you don’t, you’ll be trodden down – if not by other people, then by life itself. Love yourself and you’ve always got someone rooting for you (and that’s important).
– Your instinct is your truest friend. Follow her. Don’t worry about the consequences, just follow her. She knows where you want to be, and how to get there, much better than you do. Let her guide you. She won’t do you wrong.
– Kindness makes everyone’s life happier and easier. Practice it, daily, whenever you can. Choose the route of kindness and it will serve you well.
– Don’t settle. Just don’t.
– Choose happiness. You’re in a bad situation? Write a gratitude journal (see tomorrow’s post): write five things you’re thankful for, each and every day, and write the best thing that happened to you each day. After a couple of weeks, you mind will have shifted. You’ll feel happier. Lighter. More able. Choose to see happiness, even in your darkest moments, and that will save you. Lead you out of the darkness.
– Love your family. Love your friends. Don’t hold back on telling them and showing them. Live with your heart in your hands at all times.
– Smile in the face of it all. Whatever life throws at you, find the goodness, find the way to laugh. Laugh when you’re broken. Laugh. You’re still alive. You’re still a miracle. Open your arms to the world and laugh.
Life is beautiful, as they say.