It made my day when I saw the nominations: thank you so much!
OK, here goes:
7 facts about me:
1. Taxi Driver and It’s a Wonderful Life are my two favourite films. Fight Club and Amelie are serious contenders. As are Avanti and Big Night.
2. I make a mean paella [and love cooking, in general]. I’m already compiling contenders for my ’52 cakes in 2015′ list (I usually make a new-to-us cake every week every year (YUM!) – here are some of the 2015 contenders!)
3. I can whistle without moving my lips. It’s really cool. I used to do it on the tube and chuckle secretly to myself as everyone started to look around, wondering who the whistler was!
4. I love flamenco music and secretly really want to learn how to flamenco dance [all my passion would, I know, come out in a flurry of emotion, cleansing me, showing me my soul again]….I’m going to need to get back a bit of my confidence before I attempt it, however 😉
5. I would really like to attend a fashion show. Like really. I’d just be in awe of the creativity (of the runway show and the clothing of the other attendees).
6. I have a burning desire to meet Richard Branson.
7. I’d like to retire to a Caribbean island. I know which plot of land I’d like to buy. My big dream is to buy it, build the house myself (well, not myself but you know what I mean) and then spend a lot of my days there, away from noise, in peace. [Note to readers who may think I’m some sort of millionaire: I’m most certainly not, but nothing gets achieved unless we dream (and then plan so the dreams come true)].
Now I have to nominate other wonderful ladies for the award:
1. The all-round amazing Chelsea from Hollands Reverie [no tricky questions with this one ;)]
2. Dearest Catherine from An Angel in the Garden.
3. The always thought-provoking Lizelle from Sandals & Sunnies.
4. Rachel from The Random Writings. [Always makes me think, think, think and yearn for China, helping me to keep my dreams alive even on the darkest days of this journey of mine…thank you]
5. Darling Barbara from Barbara’s Blog. [Such insightful, inspiring, writing and such a very dear soul].
6. Andrea from Hope Ann [Such a generous, open, wonderful soul]
7. Anne (‘Lovely Anne’ she calls herself because she’s, well, lovely!) from Flowers and Wanderlust. [Inspiration guaranteed].
8. Sweet Zoe from Zoe P. Rose. [Delightful writing, even more delightful soul…you’ve got to love anyone who offers to send you Angel Delight in the post!]
[PLEASE, please, PLEASE, ladies, don’t feel obliged to post a post in response to the award – just wanted to let you know that you’re appreciated :)]