10 weeks of ‘Sunday ponderings’….wow. And 6 – yes only 6! – weeks until Christmas!
[Can’t go on without mentioning that it’s Remembrance Sunday today and that it’s 25 years, this weekend, since the fall of the Berlin Wall]
Things that have made me go ‘Wow’ or ‘Ooh’ or ‘Hhhmm’ this week:
1. Killed myself laughing at some of these : Women rejecting marriage proposals in Western art (I always used to play this game in my head when I’d go to the National Gallery in the afternoons as a student!)
2. Wise words for us all:
3. Christmas windows from Anthropologie. I would love to be a fly on the wall in the creative meetings when they decide themes/plan out the execution of their windows. You can feel the creative genius in the displays. Love it. They inspire me in so, so many ways.
4. Yumi Okita’s moths. Wow. Just wow. They leave me speechless every time I see them. [I have promised myself I will own one once we’re back on track financially – it’ll be my ‘Well done you, you came through it all!’ gift to myself].
5. Women’s reviews of Amazon’s Sexy PhD Halloween costume. It’s hilarious!
6. The future is here: the Foodini printer. A 3D printer that prints food. Oh my. I’m pretty sure a boy in my class wrote an imaginary story about that once!
7. Love every photo The Sartorialist posts but this one? Genius. In awe of the photo itself but also the minute attention to detail in the clothes. The guy is wearing, with love, clothes that were made with serious love. Inspiring in many, many ways.
8. Pavegen: floor tiles that turn the energy from footsteps in to electricity. [Am not going to go off on a diatribe about how we could, as a race, do more for the environment….]
9. Love this news piece about cheeky Medieval doodles!
10. Last, but definitely not least, from Rumi: