It’s Kindness Counts Friday again! Yay!
[Kim’s original idea; I’m holding fort whilst she’s on a blogging break].
Time to recount the kind acts I’ve engaged in/received/witnessed and link to any kindness-related ‘things’ I’ve seen on my travels around Internet Land.
Kind acts engaged in/received:
– We donated some of our time to the man who cooks meals for the homeless. We went on Tuesday afternoon and helped with the preparation for that night’s meals.
– I added some food for the food bank donation to our weekly shop. I’ll take it all there once a month.
– I wrote a piece (without charge) for a newsletter a friend needed to send out.
– I edited (without charge) a grant application a friend was sending out for funding.
– My son received a letter from a friend; beautifully written (in such wonderful hand writing!). He was over the moon!
– I received a lovely care package, from a friend in England, in the post. We were all very happy with it’s contents!
– I received a lovely handwritten letter from another friend: unexpected and so beautiful.
Kind acts/kindness related posts I’ve seen across Internet Land:
– Loved this idea! It reminded me of my Dad: he always used to watch Hallmark movies of an evening (to wind down). I used to make fun of him, a little, asking him why (my reasoning being that, surely, there were other, better, films to watch): he always said that someone had written them, that it had been important to the writer, and that he always learnt something from every single one of them. I love the idea of books wrapped in brown paper: I wonder what gems we would find in book shops if we weren’t swayed by the mighty power of marketing. It struck me as such a very kind idea: giving the ideas an opportunity to shine. Lovely. I really want to go to this book shop!
– This post from Stephanie Howell about how a kind disposition can help mothers
– This post from Rachel about the act of a kind reader. Wonderful!
– This post from Rachel – it’s an old one but I keep re-reading it, as it’s just so well written and the argument is so genius!
[Apologies: I wanted to set up the link-up for this week but my trial period has expired and I haven’t been able to figure out how to renew it as yet. Hopefully it’ll be ready for next week; if you’ve written your own Kindness Counts Friday post, leave a link to it in the comments and I’ll add your link in to my post…]