Day 3 of Fab-ruary: a month-long series of prompts aimed at ‘finding the fab’ (prompts here). [Feel free to join in as many (or as few!) as you’re able. If you do link up, make sure you hop around the other ladies who’ve linked up too, so we can make sure we get a good ‘community feeling’ going].
What am I excited about? Getting back to my ‘normal’ life, where I can do the things I like to do: jumble sales, walks in the park in Autumn, being in bookshops…a million little things that, when taken all together, actually aren’t so little at all.
In the meantime, I’m biding my time, finding things to get excited about:
– Hopefully being able to join Marie Forleo’s B-School this year.
– Turning my ‘Week of self care’ series in to an eBook.
– Finishing the edit of the book I wrote in November for NaNoWriMo.
– Putting the finishing touches to the website for my business (Phoenix, I feel your feathers on my shoulders as I feel you rising!).
– Planning a holiday for Easter week with the littles.
– Making a new-to-us cake this week.
– My run tomorrow.
– Watching Birdman in the cinema on Saturday again (Wow! What a film!).
– Waiting to see what my blog friend Julie has up her sleeve when she mentioned a ‘reading related’ regular feature on her blog Notes on Paper.
– Waiting for a package to arrive from Amazon housing the Homeland Season 2 DVDs (for moi) and Arthur Spiderwick’s Field Guide (from the Spiderwick Chronicles) for my son (he’s going to go absolutely batty when he sees it!!) [an Amazon landing always makes for quite the hullaballoo in these parts, where bookstores are few and far between and English books are even fewer and even farther between!].
– Waiting to see my littlest little one (who’s 5) give a presentation at her nursery next week, all about cars. She’s so excited, it’s unbelievable! [I’m psyching myself up not to cry but who am I kidding?!]
After having sat here, stumped, as to what I’m excited about, I realise I do have lots to be excited about! A little quiet time to think and to reflect and my day just went from potentially “Bblluurrrgh” to “Wow! Let’s get this party started!”…a shift in perspective is always a good thing!
[A bit of admin: You can link up your posts using the tool below; for some reason, whatever I do, it’s not letting me set up a new link for each day. Please just add your link anyway! Sorry! I am trying to figure out what’s wrong (and also why it won’t show the thumbnails on this page?!) I’ve never met a more user-unfriendly piece of software than this one!]