Some things that have caught my attention as I’ve been wandering around the web:
– Angelina Jolie’s op ed piece on the Syrian refugee crisis. [No words, I have no words].
– Paul Goodman on the nine kinds of silence (a beautiful reading of his ideas on this subject).
– This post from Tammy Strait on Living a creative life.
– 25 websites for literature lovers: some treasures there that I’d never heard of…
– Writing your way to happiness (from the NY Times blog)
– Angelo Merendino’s photography project, ‘Goodbye at the door‘. So poignant.
– James Mollison’s photography project, ‘Where children sleep‘. Literally made me ashamed to be human.
– Booksellers of South Sudan (BBC article)
– A village just got it’s first fridge (BBC article). Very humbling.
– A zero waste grocery store: this is what it looks like. Imagine a world like this: not only less waste but imagine how much we’d all be able to think (without all the usual distractions vying for our attention).
– Lastly, this:
I’m so glad there is a word for this, as I find myself ‘sondering’ probably more often than I should.
Have a good week everyone!