Goodness, long time no Kindness Counts Friday post from me….blame life (in all it’s beautiful twisted frustrating joyful glory!)…
[Kindness Counts Friday is Kim’s original idea; I’m babysitting whilst she’s on a blog break]…
Time to recount the kind acts we’ve engaged in, received or witnessed and for me to highlight some of the kindness related ‘things’ I’ve seen on my travels around Internet Land….
Kind acts we’ve engaged in
– My son, ever the kindness warrior, was gifted a small amount of money at school this week. What did he do with it (that just about broke my Mama’s heart)? He spent it all on his sister (a chocolate bar and a lollipop)….”…because she hasn’t had a treat in a while, Mama”.
– Baking up a storm….60 chocolate zucchini muffins baked for my son’s school friends who took part in an amazing assembly show this week……to say a big thank you for all their hard work. [It was really an amazing show they put on and had me doing both the ‘Proud Mama’ thang and the ‘tears welling up whilst listening to God Save the Queen thing’…don’t ever say I’m not in tune with my emotions ;)]
Kind acts received or witnessed
– a lovely reader of my blog, who’s become a friend, sent me something I Appreciated A Great Deal and it’s been such a blessing. Thank you, you!
– another lovely blog reader, who’s also become a friend, also sent me something (well, two beautiful things…which arrived quite a while ago now, but I wanted to note their arrival here) and they made me so, so happy! Thanks, Lady….
[Isn’t it amazing, how we can not have met someone in real life but, through the connections we make via our blogs, we can feel and just know that they’re kindred spirits? The power of the internet is real, ladies!]
Some kindness related ‘things’ I’ve seen on my travels around T’internet Land….
Not many this week but they’re ‘crackers’ (good ones), as my Grandad would have said:
– The science behind the power of kindness….don’t be put off by the word ‘science’, it’s a really fascinating read and will get you ruminating. Promise!
– And this – a link to a survey for the first worldwide study of awe…..they’re trying to determine what awe is and whether it’s felt differently across cultures. ‘Why is this kindness related, Helen?’ (I hear you asking)…well, wouldn’t it be kind of cool to know more about awe [that most awesome of emotions ;)]? And they can’t find out more about it unless people fill out the survey….(Be kind. Do it. You’ll get to remember something awesome. It’ll make you feel better! And you’ll help someone as part of the bargain!)
And that, my friends, is Kindness Counts Friday for this week. Normal service will be resumed from now on…..linky thingy is still playing silly, so I can’t guarantee I’ll have a link-up next week, but do play along….if we all did just a few more acts of kindness each week, or even acknowledged acts of kindness with gratitude…
I do believe the world would be a much different place.
Oh, and last but not least…..this made me Laugh Out Loud…..hopefully it’ll give you a chuckle (or two) as you go about your day….(I couldn’t find the original source….if it’s yours and you’re offended by my use of it, please let me know and I’ll take it down; no offence was intended. Quite the opposite in fact….it was meant to get people rolling in their aisles!)….
[Don’t ever say I don’t provide light relief here at I Will Bloom….!]