I’m Helen, mother of two (my son is 9; my daughter is 6).
Lover of life.
I’m determined, however bad things get (and they’re pretty bad!), that my children won’t be victims of their unfortunate circumstances. The statistics would say I’m an abused single mother with two children to care for: we’re therefore all destined for failure.
Forget the statistics, and say a firm ‘goodbye’ to my recent past, I say: I’m me, I’m a kick-ass fighting machine and this is not going to define us.
This is not my story, this is not our story.
This is certainly not where the story ends.
[Rock bottom means you get to live, choose and reap all over again]
What else can I say about myself?
- I’m a courageous traveller of the breadth of life, facing some pretty dire circumstances with a smile – always with a smile – and with a jaunty spring in my step.
- I’m a believer in the power of hope and in the power of love. As Albert Camus said, “In the midst of winter I found there was, within me, an invincible summer”.
- I’m a lifelong learner, with a deep thirst for knowledge, on constant reflective trips deep inside myself.
- I’m a faithful believer in the power of intuition and the force for good that is meditation.
- I’ve knelt down in prayer once in my life – in sheer desperation, as my body and not my mind led me to it – and God answered me. Loud and clear.
- I believe the world would be a much better place if people could just get over themselves and learn to be kinder and more grateful
- I’m a firm believer in the power of appreciating the little things. The little things are never so little: life’s made up of millions of little moments and if you don’t appreciate them fully, you lose out on most of the best bits of your life.
I want, more than anything, to be the light that let’s others see
(and to publish my book….but that’s a whole other story!)
Here are some ‘favourite’ posts of mine (the writing felt authentic from a place of flow):